Friday, April 23, 2010

RTK

I am finishing up my second week of Return of the Kettlebell with pretty good progress. I actually have my heavy day left this week. I am on 5 Ladders a lot faster than I thought I would be. It is a great program, even if I was not quite as ready for it as I should have been.

I can tell a big difference in my pressing and snatch techniques as I progress. I have been working a lot of RKC Arm bars as well as Z-Health techniques such as the A/P Thoracic Glide. I really seemed to have gained a lot more mobility in my shoulders as the weeks have passed. It really comes down to doing the prehab work. I am pretty disciplined about working the area prior to the full training session. I have been having some pain in my shoulder, but not during presses or snatches. The pain is present only on rotational movements such as Get Ups and does not rotate. I am able to work around it as there is no pain with my chosen program. I will not train through injury or pain anymore. If I learn nothing else from all of the much smarter RKC’s it is to not train through injury and screw myself up for longer.

I will be starting the Ballistic Block next Tuesday. I am excited and expect it will take me a couple of weeks to really get the form down. I will have to tape it to see where to fix it. That means I will be posting more screw ups!

I will be starting kettlebell group classes and individual training next month at Eclipse Fitness in Rockwall. I will post more as it becomes set. I am pretty psyched about it. Spreding love to more victims!

I cannot stress enough about the great opportunity of a DFW Hardstyle Kettlebell Certification. If you are wanting to be the best, this is the place to start. I will be an Assistant at the HKC and also have a student going through it. Go Jaqui!

No comments: