Saturday, May 17, 2008

It seemed like a good idea at the time!

I decided to have a variety day instead of my planned workout. I have been hitting the 106 for two weeks and doing a lot of martial arts and was a little tired.

I thought it would be cool to do some hand to hand work this weekend. I figured since I have been using the 106, the 88 would be a light workout.

The first exercise was kettlebell flip swings. The first couple left some large craters in the ground. I did start to get the hang of it. the next exercise was the hand to hand clean. The initial snap was pretty good, but catching the 88 in my open palm was a little struggle to say the least. I was able to hit three sets of three that looked reasonably clean. Once again, the holes got deeper in my yard during the "learning phase." I did three sets of figure 8's for 10 reps. I then hit the clean and Military press for singles. I performed 7 sets of singles for both left and right.

It was nice to change up the workout for a day. I still feel that I got a pretty good workout on. I though that there would be more carry over from the floor press to the military press, but I am pretty much in the same place as I was before.

No comments: