Monday, December 22, 2008

Stupid is as Stupid Does

I love Kettlebell Squats. I might not do the weights that I did in the past, but they are far safer. This is a great clip about not being stupid.

I hate machines for many reasons. I feel that they lock you into a specific range of motion, no matter if it is your appropriate path or not. I think that they also build false confidence. You are getting stronger in that specific path, but is it a strength that you can translate to real world use? I have seen people injure themselves because they have not stability when using a free weight after machine training. By free weight, I am talking about picking up a child, a box and weights at the gym. I believe in the kettlebell and Pavel's RKC. It has proven time and again to be a great path of training.

In my training this week, I am doing...nothing. This is a rest, recuperation, get fat week. I am training some people but doing no training myself. It is time to sit back and look over the ;last year and plan for the next. I put all my plans and goals in writing and set benchmarks along the way. I have not been so tied down to writing everything until I started to run my own business. Now I plan everything, plus make a daily list to stay on track.

The group workout was intense this week. I pushed everyone pretty hard so that they would earn their holiday feasts.

1 min go, 1 min rest

swings

squat x 5

swings

military press 1 l/r to 5 reps

swings

squat x 5

swings

1 arm rows 1 l/r/ to 5 reps

swings

Squats x 5

2 min rest

2 min snatch test.

Here is a a big BS clip as a suprise gift



Use The Force - Watch more free videos

No comments: