Monday, December 29, 2008

Early Start on the New Year

I started my New Year journey early as I usually do. I took the week of Christmas off as my year end break. I did nothing but pretty much eat badly and not workout at all. It was great and I felt pretty rested. I could tell that it was time to get back to work when I started getting antsy. I find that if i do not workout for an extended period I start to feel like crappola. Today was a VO2max day. I did not push to hard and hit 20 sets of 8 and 20 sets of 7 snatches. The week off hit me harder than I thought it would.

I am also setting my training goals for the year this week. While they are not set in stone, i have a few ideas of what i want to accomplish with my training. I really want to press the Beast. I have been able to to pullups and a Pistol and have one skill to master, the military press. I have gotten to the point where the 88 goes up pretty easily for reps. I am going to get it up.

I might be teaching at a fitness center locally. I have to meet with the fitness manager this week and see what is possible. While I love teaching kettlebells, i have to really focus on Amazing Athletes. It will be nice to have a home to run 4-6 week classes as wells as Seminars and self defense programs.

The group workout this week was pretty hard. I taught windmills and flip squats, two of my favorites.

I ran a cycle of:

1 min swings
10 flip squats
3 windmills

I ran through this four times with a 1 min rest between sets. It seemed to have people huffing and puffing. I liked it because of the different aspects it presented. Windmills for core strength, swings for posterior chain and flip squats work the full body. Lots of fun was had by all!

No comments: