Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Training Week

It has been a great training week. I have been consistently hitting 8 reps per set in VO2 Max. It is a big difference from 7. I did not think that I would be able to tell that there was any difference, but found that at set 36 and up I have to really dig deep to continue with good form and get all 8. I guess i will start adding more sets now. Next stop will be 60!

It was 27 degrees in the garage the other night. I was sweating like a pig and actually had to take off my shirt and turn the fan on. I put my shirt on as soon as I was done.

We had a small class last night for Shen Chuan. It was nice since we did nothing but fine tune everything that we have been working on. There are a lot of people getting really good, really quickly.

Crossfit-Rockwall had an open house today. I am not associated with it in any way, but stopped by to look around and show support. It is a great facility. I met with the owner and she is really knowledgeable. She is running classes now, so stop by if you are interested.

Tonight will be my medium night. I am planning on using double 32kgs for military press, squat, pullups and maybe some renegade rows. I am shooting for sets of 5.

I did a bunch of sets with my gada, cement filled basketball on a shovel handle, on Saturday. What a beating, I felt it afterwards. To many things to learn and work with. I know my keg is feeling left out as well as my slosh pipe. Have to figure out time for them!

No comments: