Friday, January 29, 2010

No Mind

 I love the time that I spend out in the garage training. For me it is that time where I am able to let go of the cares and the worries of the day. It is me and the iron. As Henry Rollins has written, the iron is always there for me. It is what gives me peace during times of stress. It occurs because I can allow myself to think of nothing but the struggle to beat gravity and the iron. It is the time that there is nothing else but the struggle to overcome imperfection and myself. Basically they are the same thing as I am imperfect and will always be so.




It is the time where you are dialed in and it is the process that allows you to reach that place where there is nothing but you and the bell, everything else fades out, and nothing interferes. I miss the days I am not able to be there.



Last night was really a good night. I have not really pushed it with heavier weights like I should have been doing. My form has been really good with the 24kg and I decided that it was time to head to the heavy stuff again. The 32kg was covered in dust and looking lonely.



It was pretty amazing how easy it was for my training last night. I was worried that I would be struggling with it and not even able to get a single rep. I felt strong and it floated up last night. This was after training kids from 9am -6:30pm. I contemplated skipping training as I was pretty tired. The struggle was worth it. I hit Clean and Presses and Pull-ups before 4 straight minutes of swings. I felt strong and tight while doing the C&Ps. I only put the bell down 3 times during the swings as I rotated between 1 and 2 hand swings.



I have also joined the Z-Health club. I recently was able to pick of an R-Phase manual and DVD. I have been through the drills at the RKC with Zachariah Salazar and Geoff Neupert. I have been working it for a couple of days with some noticeable improvements in my shoulders.

No comments: