Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ugly Swings

In looking at my training and my skill level lately I have figured out lots of things. I have some issues that need to be corrected to continue to grow and improve. B.J. Bliffert's FMS work with me has opened my eyes to making sure that I am doing things correctly at the highest level I can achieve. My initial foray into Kettlebells begans as a way to fix myself of all of the bad habits developed over the years of "shiny gym." training. I found that Pavel was teaching what I was on the path of for years but could not put my finger on. The kettlebells were the answer to my questions. Pavel's knowledge was the answer to the junk I saw at the gym. I have to remember that as I continue training.

I recorded my latest workout to check my shoulder mobility. I have been working on my shoulders since the RKC in 2008. It seems that it is beginning to finally pay off. I still have lots to do however in that area.

I figured that I have been doing swings forever and almost decided not to record that part of the workout. I am glad that I did record it. I saw how ugly my swings have become. I have never looked at what I saw as a set in stone skill. why shhould I? After all I am an RKC and have been doing this since at least 2004...


How ugly is it? It is pretty bad. I am leaning back way to much, I have way too much pelvic tilt.  I am also not activating my lats as I should to. I am glad that I recorded the swings after all. I always try to better my training and improve my skills. I am searching for perfection in each swing.. I am a good coach, it is hard to coach yourself. My core group of trainess are my coaches. I learn as much from them as they from me and look at it as a chance to make all of us better. They were coaching me on my swing this morning between their sets. One of them, Jaqui, needs to become an RKC. She has a lot of knowledge and is able to teach! (Hear that Jaqui!) I was a lot better by the end of the class.

More videos as I progress through this.

In that spirit, I am not scared to put my errors out there for the world to see. I am on the same path as everyone else. I want to be better and help others as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah I hear you, I'm taking my kettlebells for a walk now....