Friday, January 15, 2010

Rough Week

It has been an interesting week. I have been making changes in personnel with Amazing Athletes and trying to correct some issues that seemed to have developed. They are hopefully not to major, just normal courses of growing pains.We are continuing to expand and add more schools and children to our programs. It is really fun to work with the kids as they love to move. They also move a lot better then some of us old farts.

We had a really good Shen Chuan class this week. The majority of the group was there, some of them even on time. We were working takedowns and I caught an elbow with the back of my hand. It is still swollen and painful to the touch. The guys told me to stop whining after the first hour... I have some grip still, so I will just let it sit and see if it improves. I was able to do swings, pullups and clean and press last night, so hopefully it is not too bad.

I  met with BJ Bliffert at his awesome place in Frisco this week for an FMS Screening. I had planned on going to both CK-FMS and RKCII this year. After spending an hour and a half with him, I found seveal areas that I have to work on. The FMS is amazing in that it shows you were the work needs to be done. It is awesome how 7 simple screens can pretty much fix what ails you. I know that between my hamstrings and my shoulders, I am in a world of hurt. Thankfully, I have been working lots of RKC armbars! I would have had real issues if I hadn't been.

20 minutes after leaving, I was signed up for CK-FMS and the DVD Home Study were on the way. They arrived today and are sitting next to me now. I have a long weekend to watch them.

We have our group class in the morning and I will be introducing some new drills.

No comments: