Friday, August 27, 2010

Still in awe from SOS

I have been running like a lunatic since getting back from the Summit of Strength. It was by far the best training workshop outside of the RKC. Dustin and Kenzie did an amazing job on organization, housekeeping and the like. They showed how to hold a seminar.

I would have gladly paid the same amount of money to attend just one of the MRKC's workshop, let alone 4 of them!

It was laid out in a perfect progression. Everything built upon the last. Jeff O'Conner's portion on Lifelong Strong hit a cord with me. I was reminded that everything we do now will have a consequence down the road. I want my training now to enable me to be functioning well at 70. Is the training you are doing headed towards that same goal?I am not getting any younger and I am reaping the bad training seeds from my youth. I have lots of little restrictions and limits from crappy programs and poor choices as a kid. I have made great progress, but was once again shown that there is a long way to go still.

Jeff O'Conner's children's warm ups were humbling and much needed. I loved the easy progressions that actually made a massive difference in my movements in one sitting. They where so important that they are now part of my own warm up as well as that of the classes I am teaching. I do not want to give away too much as the seminar will be available on DVD pretty soon! We spent well over an hour on what the young ones do in 5 minutes! Sucks getting old and forgetting how to move.

The moves that MRKC O'Conner teaches the children are easy for them, but hard for those of us that have forgot how to play. Thankfully, I get to play like a kid a lot. It was fun to watch adults skipping and hopping. We were reminded that we were supposed to have fun in our training. We forget that as we age, but it makes a difference. the more fun, the better the class! I want to bring that back to my adult class as the kids class is already there.

I have not even had a chance to sit down and even begin to write about part 2, Irontamer's great info. that will be tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hopscotch in mind for the next class? lol

Britt's Training Systems said...

My main business is teaching children sports, so yes I am actually teaching hopscotch this week.