Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back to training

I have not stopped training, but have gotten away from what I like to do and what works for me. With my main teaching, I am always running and jumping with kids. I can teach upwards of 5-8 classes a day. That comes out to a lot of interval and plyometric exercise. I found that I was not getting a lot of any decent results from Tabatas based on that. To top it off, I know have a keg and a tire to play with.

I am going back to my five pillars program with the addition of an endurance set at the end. I really think that this is what my body needs versus a lot of high rep endurance.

I am adding more weight to the keg every week as I feel more comfortable with it. It is pretty interesting to push the keg overhead as the water shifts. The tire flips across the yard really smoked me and I already want a heavier one.

WOD

Joint mobility

swings 5 x 10 l,r w/32kg
Pullups 3 x 5
keg press 3 x 5 1/2full
pistols 3 x 3 w/16kg
janda 3 x 5
tire flip across back yard

Here is a little Dog Brother's action. I am a little old to be participating, but can still appreciate it. We have started up a little arnis training again with my good friend Darren Dailey taking the lead.

No comments: