Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Links in a chain

Over the years, you would think that I would learn that everything is connected in some way. This is especially true in exercise and training. If one thing changes or a link is weak, than it tends to mess up the rest of the chain. I hurt my ankle a few years ago and two years later I was still nursing a bum knee. I hurt my shoulder in the military and it took me four years to be able to even think about lifting again. Why? Because I never quit training when I should. Instead of taking a short break, I usually continue to train as hard as ever.

This time it is not a serious injury. I ripped a callous off about two weeks ago and have continued to train. I have been taping my hand, along with liquid bandage, to be able to work out. The first injury changed my grip and put the stress of ballistics on a different part of my hand. There goes another blister/callous ripped off doing snatches. It it right in the center of my palm. I made the mistake of putting liquid bandage on it right after it happened. It hurt more doing that then working out with the injury. I let out a few dirty words after that. I did modify my workout after doing it. I did swings for my last set of ballistics.

I am looking at a late August or early September in the Dallas/Rockwall area. If interested let me know, I have not set it up yet but would like an idea of participation or what people would like to work on.

WOD
Joint Mobility
Snatch 3 x 10 l/r 1 x 10 swing
Pullups 4 x 5 w/kb
Windmills 4 x 5
Squats 4 x 5
Floor press 4 x 5

Relax into stretch.

Ross always has great stuff. This is a great addition to your training. Right now, it would kill my hand though.


No comments: