Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Times

Fitness does not have to be so hard or complicated. I was talking to someone recently that appeared to be in okay shape. That was before I heard about their workouts. Two hours a day training at least 5 days a week This is the time they spend at the gym. they were not getting their money's worth in my opinion. I would expect to look like Arnold with that type of time expenditure.

How many sets do you think you would need for shoulders? I might do 5 total, but this person was doing 20 sets. They got the workout from a muscle magazine which explains the results I guess. the person could not press a 32kg kettlebell for 1 rep. Guess they were worn out. They did one body part per day with up to 30 sets per body part. That is not to mention that they did not know anything about periodization. they went full tilt until injured and forced to rest. I could not convince them of the great results from less exercises and sets. They looked at me like I was crazy when told about my strength days of 3 sets of 3-5 or even singles. When they are old and beat up, maybe they will drink the kool-aid and follow sane workouts.

Tonight's workout was a light day.

Clean and Press 3 x 5 l/r with 24kg
double front squat 3 x 5 w/ 24's
pullups 3 x 3 w/24kg
janda 3 x 5

I rested about a minute between sets. I finished with relax into stretch.

No comments: