Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weather and Workouts

It has been an interesting week. I pretty much got so busy last week that I did not workout at all. I ran about 6 classes a day of Amazing Athletes and then ended up sick at the end of the week. I ran the group workout and started 5 sets of the workout. It went pretty well. There was a lot of huffing and puffing and people acted tired. The next workout will be a practice session and we will add some Resilient tools.

I hit the garage tonight for about 1 minute to train. I wimped out since the heater was out of fuel and moved the KB's into the house. I decided to change up the program for the next few weeks and hit a 5 pillar plan. I hit 3 sets of each exercise using the 32's:

hand to hand swing x 10
double squats x 5
windmills x 3
rows x 5
clean and press x 3

I felt pretty strong tonight even after running all of my classes today. I have decided to stay around 3 reps for my military press. i can easily hit 5, but that is my week area. I figure to keep the reps low and power through to more weight. I have found that the more classes I run, the less sets and reps I can get away with. It is all about finding the happy median of effective training versus over training.

No comments: