Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life gets in the way of writing

I have been really busy and have not had a lot of time to put anything down the last week or so. I would rather hang out with the kids and family than write something on the blog. It is late and everyone is asleep now so there is no guilt.

Workouts have been really good the last week. I am really suprised as I have had the crud going around. I do not feel bad, just can't breath really well. Last week I hit 40 sets of 8 for my VO2 Max. The next day I hit 5 x1 clean and press, 3 x 3 for pullups w/ 32kg and 3 x5 for squats w/40kg. Last night was VO2 Max and I hit 40 sets of 8 again. I guess it is time to push towards 50 sets now. I hit 3x3 for clean and press, pullups and squats tonight with the 24 kg. It was a light night and I did not want to push it to hard.

The group workout was pretty fun this weekend. I introduced the 5 pillars. The pillars are 5 exercises to hit ballistics, legs, core, press and pulls. The goal is to hit 5 sets of 5 for the grinds and 5 sets of 10 for the ballistics. we are currently on 3 sets. This was my main workout philosophy for a long time. I think that it is effective for all around fitness and strength. I really liked it for Law Enforcement as it is well rounded. We will be working this platform for a little while in an attempt to build some lean muscle mass to increase metabolism.

The workout was:

Swings 3 x 10
Squats 3 x 5

Windmill 3 x 2

Clean and Press 3 x 5
Row 3 x5

We alternated exercises i.e. swings then squats, with a 1 minute break between sets and exercises.

No comments: