Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lost a week of writing and Cool Knockout


I have posted people doing "cheese whiz" knockouts where they were not even touching the person. This clip is a realistic use of pressure points and light force knockouts that can be transferred to a self defense use. They do work, as I have been knocked out numerous times with them. Some people will say that you expect it and it becomes reality. The science behind it is that you are striking the body in ways that it is not geared to defend itself, while sending the force to the hypothalamus. The body is prepared to take blows from the front, sides and somewhat from behind if the strike is picked up. It is harder to defend from the oblique angles like a 45 degree angle. When striking from those angles, the force seems to have a clear path to the center of the brain, allowing the computer to experience a short shut down. In combat, all you need is a micro second to prevail or lose. While I do not depend on the knockout, I do shoot for fractions of a second that will add up and give me time to achieve a position of dominance.

I do not know what happened, but none of my posts for the last week ever made it to the blog. I was really busy and on the run, so I messed up somewhere. I am currently working on a Beast Challenge program that focuses on Military Press, Pistol and Pullup. I am working on a heavy, medium and light day for each exercise on a three day cycle. the other days are set as variety. I did tabata sledge hammer one day, three hours of martial arts the next and will be hitting heavy snatches on my next variety day.

No comments: