Friday, September 26, 2008

Group Workout

We are going to have a group workout tomorrow morning at 8am in Rockwall. We will be at Foxchase Park. It is mainly the core training group at this time, but anyone can show up. We are not charging anything as I am trying to cement some of the material that I received this weekend. If you are interested, email me asap.

It has been a pretty good week training wise. There has been a change in the getup and I am trying to perfect it. No worries about it as it might change again soon. That is what is so great about RKC and Hardstyle. It is constantly evolving and improving. But, it does not change just to change. It changes because of the research of Pavel and others. the changes always follow the core principles of RKC. Those principles are sound and they are effective.

My training this week has followed the Right of Passage. I have been performing swings and get ups. I deviated some and hit 10 sets of 10 each arm with a 30 second rest between sets. I really fine tuned my swings at the RKC and love how they feel.

The Get Up has helped me fix some lockout issues. I have lost a lot of flexibility and developed the habit of not locking my elbows. What I like about the new Get up Progression has really helped that problem. I performed 5 minutes of Get Ups. After my swings, I worked on a ladder of Clean and Press to help reconnect my lat to my press. It makes such a difference when you do it correctly and there is no leakage.

No comments: