Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rethinking Ballistics

I have been doing a lot of reading lately on swings, snatches and get-ups. I have also been doing a lot of each in preparation for the RKC next week. I have forgotten what a great program can be developed based on a ballistic, Swings for ETK, snatches for fun and the Get-up for full body beating.

As I prepare for the RKC I have been performing a lot of snatches. Last night's workout was 5 x 10 l/r with the 24kg. I took 1 minute between sets and performed active recovery. I was tired at the end, but energized. I have noticed a change in my body composition in about 2 weeks after following 3 x 3's for a month. I feel better for the most part and have seen some extra "stuff" melt away.

I am glad to be doing more ballistics and lots of high reps. I am getting to the point in my life where I can't/don't want to keep up the big weights like a 20 year old. I realize that I don't have to. I think that with age and experience, we learn to cheat a little better. In rereading the RKC manual, I see that there is so much study that says that we do not have to push for inhuman levels to live a good, healthy long life. Look at Jack Lalanne and Pavel's dad. Both are older than the norm in the fitness world, but still going strong.

Probably enough for now. Time to go put up stuff in preparation for Ike.

Tazer Crazy!

No comments: