Monday, September 29, 2008

Group Training

I ran my first group class in a year this last weekend. It went pretty well. We had 5 people at the park for swing day. I have decided to break it down and add skills as we go. I think that will give us a chance to really set the skill that we are working on. In what turned out to be good timing, a 5k run for took place around the park trail and we had 500+ people run by and see us. We had a few people that were walking at the park stop and ask us about kettlebells. Hopefully this will be something that will grow. The next session will be October 11th at 8 am at Fox Chase Park. We will be at a seminar this next weekend.

I am really working on swings these days. swings will fix what ails you! I have also been working a lot of joint mobility. I really learned what areas needed some love. I am probably doing 30 minutes a day of joint work for myself. I also incorporate it into my children's classes.

The workout tonight was pretty intense. I am really working on the hike pass and exploding from the bottom. I did 12 sets of swings 10 left and 10 right. My active rest time was 30 seconds. I really started feeling it around set 9. I am shooting for 20 sets and will then switch to a heavier bell.

I am also working to fix my military press form with some Grease the Groove. I am doing a rep or two throughout the day. I am only working on my form and not weight. I have also been working on Naked MP's and just working out the pathway and lat activation.

Only a few more days until Camp Lansdale. If you are in the East Texas area, this is well worth attending. some real world self defense from an incredible group of instructors, Joe Lansdale, Brandon Jones, Billy Jack Worsham, Coy Harry and Eugene Frizzell. If you like Arnis, Eugene is incredible. He is a great teacher with a wealth of knowledge.

No comments: