Sunday, September 7, 2008

RKC Snatch Test

I have lost two weeks due to my injury and I can really tell. I did the RKC Snatch Test tonight. I have to hit 64 snatches to pass. I made it, but the last two were ugly. I feel pretty good about the numbers since I have not attempted the snatch test since the last RKC in 2006. There is nothing like a little pressure to make the world go round.

This is a really busy month for me. We have started a lot of new schools already and I have been performing a lot of Demos. I love doing demo's but they are usually 2-3 hours of straight running, jumping and throwing. I will be slowing down the week before the RKC so that should help me hit my numbers.

I have had to pretty much back off of my workout plan to attempt the Beast Challenge. I was pretty close to hitting the exercises and if I feel froggy, I still might "jump." My workouts are consisting of swings or snatches one day and Get-ups the next with one day off afterwards. I hit 5 mins with the 32kg the other day. Tomorrow is my get up day and I will be going for sets of 10 snatches with the 32kg on my next snatch day.

Not a kettlebell video, but real talent and passion. I think they are incredible.

No comments: