Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crap in the name of entertainment

I walked into the training facility and found a sign on the door. The sign advised that there was TV show in the spirit of the Biggest Loser being filmed inside. This show was looking for trainers earlier in the year and it was actually posted on the RKC Only Forum.I actually sent in my info just to see what would happen. I never heard back, guess that was a sign...

I am glad that I did not hear back from them after all. It is scary what those shows actually do to make the weight melt off in the alloted time frame. When I arrived the young lady was locked in the bathroom refusing to come out. Why? Maybe because a trainer put a severely de-conditioned young female through an hour long legs program. I do not put my own but through an hour straight of lifting kettlebells or other weights, let alone a brand new out of shape client. I was appalled at what was happening with the poor kid. they finally talked her out of the locker room to resume training. The last I saw she was on the treadmill looking worn out.

It is because of shows like this and trainers that care more for stardom, that trainers as a whole get bad raps.  This show is for people who want to lose a lot of wait before getting out of High School. I actually left information for the person that if she did quit, I would train her for free. There is plenty of time to drop lots of weight between now and next June, without being on a time frame to entertain the masses.

No comments: