Saturday, June 5, 2010

Freemiums and Observations

The latest marketing approach, is to offer free stuff to get people in the door. There is a fine line in offering such things as I found out today. I offered a free workshop that covered the ffundamentals. I listed it all over the internet, the gym, Facebook and around town. I had people sign up at Eclipse, through the internet and by phone. The funny thing is that the turnout was not as large as the sign up list... I have always been told that people do not value what they do not pay for. I realized that today!
 I greatly appreciate those that showed up. We got a lot of training done in the time period. We had a great time and everyone had the techniques down really well.  I will continue to have free trial classes and I will teach free workshops to groups when asked.

After being back  in a commercial gym for a month, I forget how isolated I was in the garage. I was all alone and did not have to watch anyone else around me, other than the kids and animals. That is not a bad thing... I forgot how the majority of people train. They train without thought or plan from what I can tell. I have watched people actually doing some type of curl on a smith machine. I do not know what the goal was, other then injury or wasted time. I have also seen people standing on a Bosu performing curls. I wanted to ask what the purpose in that particular movement was, but thought better of it. I figured that it would be a conversation that would go nowhere on both sides. I also see the same people doing the same exercises every time I am in the gym, no matter what day. There are a lot of large chests and biceps, but the antagonistic muscles are lagging far behind.

In the class today, I was able to stress that the skills and techniques that we were working on would transfer to regular gym work. The knowledge of proper breathing, correct use of tension and ears as shoulder poison can go a long way to fixing the assorted issues that most people have in the gym. I think that a firm grasp of the RKC can help even those that do not want to use my tool of choice. Just by being open to proper movement will put you near the top of the heap in real world strength and fitness. Some people where exposed to a more holistic approach today.

My partners over at Prograde Nutrition have created this 197 Healthy and Delicious Fat Burning Recipes ebook. It's only $4.95 and I highly recommend it to make healthy weight loss much easier on you.

Next week we will start posting short training clips. I also want to shout, "Great Job, Jaqui!" 35lbs lost since January. "Great Job, Sylvia!" lost 25lbs since January

No comments: