Saturday, June 12, 2010

HKC

I just left from Summit Kettlebells and being an assistant at the Ft. Worth HKC class. It was a great day of helping people learn how to use the kettlebell. I never cease to be amazed about the camaraderie that is part of the RKC Community. Dustin Rippetoe and Jon Engum freely gave me pointers on fixing my issues and how to be a better instructor. They are both incredible teachers. Dustin also fits in with our Zombie fighting group.

18 potential candidates attended the HKC. There were 18 new HKCs!One of them was my student, Samuel Stuard. I have been working with Samuel for a while, both in small group and our regular classes. he actually signed up for the HKC about two weeks ago, but had been thinking about it for a while. I have been working his tail off with swings, get ups and squats. He told me this last week he was tired of those exercises... I think that he realized today why we worked so much on those three exercises. He passed the HKC without difficulty. I am pretty proud of him. He worked hard and looked great.

I take every opportunity that I can to continue refining my own skills. I took as many notes or more than the attendees. I have let two years elapse since attending the RKC and the skills are perishable. I know what I am doing, but want perfection in them. After being with Dustin, John and the Spains, how much more I have to learn. Just being an RKC does not mean that you know everything. It is the starting point for a life time of study. since I am shooting for 120, I have a lot of time to fill with knowledge. I will be attending an RKC Skills prep class that Jon Engum is hosting tomorrow at Summit Kettlebells in Ft. Worth. It starts at 12pm. It is a great opportunity to work on RKC skills with a Sr RKC. Call Summit Kettlebells in Ft. Worth or contact Jon ASAP.

There are still a couple of spots left for the Summit of Strength! This is an incredible opportunity to train with 4  Master RKC's.  If you miss this, you will kick yourself in the butt for years to come!

No comments: