Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dang

I started the new program and was pretty excited for the first couple of workouts. I really enjoyed pushing some heavy weights. I think part of the problem is that get so excited and over do it. That coupled with turning 42 last week probably caused me to push harder then I needed to. I have screwed up my hip flexor a little bit. It was not that big of a deal until last night's workout when I was doing heavy squats and double swings. I cannot sit down right now and expect to get up and walk. today was so bad that I was forced to my knees after sitting at my desk and trying to walk.

I am trying to rehab a little with foam roller and massage stick work coupled with high doses of Advil. It is amazing how a little roller work goes a long way. I am also avoiding sitting for long periods. I am typing this standing up with good result.

What is good about all of this? I did get Return Of the Kettlebell book and DVD last night. I figure that I have a couple weeks of being careful and backing off to really study the new material. I am looking forward to getting back on track.

The group class was pretty good this morning. We worked on cleans as practice today before getting into the actual session. The workout today consisted of swings and Get Ups. The swings were set as rung, 10, 15, 20 for 2 ladders. Get Ups were started as "practice" with no weight at first. We really tried hitting perfect points to get the forms right. Tiny weights were added to put a load on the exercise.

Everybody looked pretty good at the end of the day.

No comments: