Tuesday, December 8, 2009

meandering

Sometimes blogs don't have to really be about anything. Sometimes they have to be about specifics. I think it really is based on what is going on with the blogger on that day. Today might be one of those really meandering ones. There is so much going on these days that no matter where you turn, there is always something that has to be taken care of, a fire to be put out. That is the nature of life in these times I guess. There seems to be so much to see and do, they all seem to be "have to" most of the time. I look at the changes that I have made in my life over the last two years. I left a "secure" job as a Patrol Sgt for a local Police Department to start my own business. I made the choice to be there for my family.

Leave it to me to do that as we entered a massive recession. It has really worked out well in spite of the economy. The business model is great and we have great coaches to help me. We have continued to grow rapidly and flourished. Is it scary at time? Heck yes! I would not change it for the world. We were chosen as Amazing Athletes Franchise of the Year for the last 2 years. It seems we are doing something right. I also do not regret the ability to be there for my family whenever they need me.

I still see areas where we can make changes to ease some of the craziness. We have been watching less T.V. and doing a lot of family activities. We had a Violetea party last week. There was a large group of young ladies and their Moms at the house. It was great! The girls loved it. The two boys had a great time also! We have had lots of reading time together as well as board games. Sometimes just slowing down is the best thing to do.

Having said that, I will be opening up some training slots after Christmas. I will have some time during the day in Plano and evenings in Rockwall. If you are interested email me.

I restarted sets of 20 this week. I am working on program minimum. It is about fixing the basics and moving from there. The Get Ups were rough as I am attempting to hit perfection on each and every movement. I noticed my foot was coming up tonight. I used some tips from Dragon Door to work on that problem. There is lots of great advice on the forums. I never stop learning or trying to improve.

We should have some video up later this week.

No comments: