Sunday, October 19, 2008

So many things to do...

I always seem to run out of time in my day to think about posting anything. I try to stay pretty current, but sometime I falter. I got back to training after fighting a sinus infection for a week. I can always tell when I start over training as I tend to get ill more easily.

I stepped up to the 32kg for training this week. The swings went pretty well and I continued to knock out 8 sets of 10 L/R with only 30 seconds of rest. I was a little worn out on Thursday night, I was only waist level with the swings. It happens, but I need to watch my energy level. I have found that the swings have definitely been a great corrective strategy. I feel pretty good physically. I was having some knee pain as well as lower back issues again prior to starting this program. Those issues have disappeared.

I practiced the Get Up this week also. I hit the 5 minute mark with 32kg, but lost it on my last rep. My elbow gave out. I still need to work on my lockout. I decided to hit another 2 minutes with the 24kg to work that elbow lock. I know what I have to work on and will continue to do so. The goal this week will be 10 sets of swings and 7 minutes of Get Ups.

We had our Saturday training at the park this week. I am starting to get back into the swing of group training again. Everyone seems to enjoy it and we have a great group. We added the Get Up this week. we worked on technique and moved onto the workout.

Swings 30 seconds/30 seconds of rest
Partner Get Ups, "you go, I go" for 5 minutes.
Practiced cleans for about 7 minutes (sneaky training)
cool down and stretch.

Still have room in the 2 day Women's Self Defense Class! Email for more information.

This is not what I am teaching at the Women's Class. This is a nice Silat clip.

No comments: