Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Workout tonight

I was a little under the weather this week with allergies. I was tired last night and skipped my workout, so I decided to hit it pretty hard tonight. I am really pushing swings and get ups with some one and two rep extras this week. I ended up doing 8 sets of 10 l/r with the 32kg on swings tonight. Having fixed my swings at the RKC, I have noticed a big difference in power generation. I am really hiking the kettlebell back and snapping forward. I am focusing on the snap and tightening before the bell hits the apex. I can tell a major difference from what I was doing before the trip. It really is setting in the relaxed tension relationship as prescribed by Pavel. It is really making everything else I do more crisp and strong also.

I am still working on my presses. I am only doing 1 rep of double clean and press. I am really working to feel the lats engage, shoulders suck into socket and elbows lock. I am starting to feel pretty confident with my technique again. I am going to start incorporating more presses on a variety day.

Every time I attend the RKC it becomes a life improving event. This time i really soaked up the joint mobility and Z-Health work. I am doing a lot more joint mobility, which has me feeling a lot better and more fluid.

It is amazing how the Joint Mobility fits in with Shen Chuan. They really seem to help in power generation as well as weight transfer for the balance disruptions. Our video man will be back next week and I think we need to put some stuff on film. If nothing else to see where I need to improve.

The Women's Self Defense Class is Oct. 27th and Oct 30th in Rockwall. We still have room if you wish to attend. It will be a lot of fun and as always, very informative. Please email me for more information.



No comments: