Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sept 25, 2008

This has been the first week that Amazing Athletes has really gotten started. I have demos everyday. I end up basically working out for about three hours non-stop. it affected my kettlebell workout today.

Today's workout was based on the 3 x 3 principles. I figure that I get quite a bit of cardio running with the kids and need a strength focus. I am using the 88's. I perform each group for 3 sets with 1:30 rest between each exercise. Helps rest time. Today I launched the KB on the last set of left side snatches. My grip gave out. took an extra break and hit the 3. I like this type of training as it builds a lot of strength with out lots of bulk.

Maxwell's Joint Mobility

Group A
Clean and push press 3 x 3
Pull up 3 x 3 w/ 88 tied to me

Group B
Snatch 3 x 3
Dbl Squat 3 x 3

Janda 3 x 5
Relax into stretch after using a foam roller

Not a whole lot to add today. I will be teaching a martial arts class tomorrow. We are going to incorporate some Catch style holds. http://www.scientificwrestling.com/ is the place to go for all things cool in grappling.

Be safe

No comments: