Thursday, February 28, 2008

Changes

It has been a little while since I posted anything on my blog. I have been really busy with my business and have been working really hard to grow it to where I want it to be.

Almost six months ago, I walked away from Rockwall PD to start my new journey. I do not regret leaving the City at all. I miss all of the people that I worked with and fought for as a Sgt. There was no way that I would be able to do anything to help the troops as I was shut out by a supervisor that ruled by threat, intimidation and fear. There is no reason to have to put up with that in life and it would only become hard on anyone I tried to help. Law Enforcement is a calling, but it is also a job and there is always another one out there. There is a large number of RPD looking and I hope that they find what they need. That being said, I have to get off my butt and get to Royse City and start being a Reserve. It is a calling and is in my blood.

I have had to make a lot of changes in my life. Personally, kettlebells are a way of life for me. I absolutely love what they do for me. I recently took a PT test and ran a mile and a half in 13:41. While that is not world record, I have not run in over 5 years. I attribute it to kettlebells. I am no longer teaching kettlebells to individuals, other than my core group of guys. I will hold the occasional workshop. I love them and will hopefully be able to attend the RKC again this year for me.

I have actually closed my website Go Home Alive and will be training people on an invitation only basis. My core group of people has asked that I keep it that way as it helps keep the training to the standards that I want. This will also help keep egos out of the mix. Everyone, including me is there to learn. I will continue to train and improve my skills. I will continue to teach seminars and for Law Enforcement because I love it.

I have decided that by cutting out somethings, i will be able to have a better focus on my business and be able to improve in other areas.

I will take new people on for martial arts, but the group has to approve. This is only fair as it is their journey also.

Look to the blog for more stuff. Just cause I am not running a major business, does not mean that I do not have anything to say.

Paul

No comments: