Monday, April 6, 2009

Overtraining

I tend to walk a fine line between sane training and over training. I run and teach so many kids classes during the day that I am always somewhat tired. I often find that the best way to teach kids is to model the skill, behavior or action that they need to do. It can take a toll on the body after a little while. I also changed the sequence of my training. I was doing VO2 Max on day 1 with strength day on the 2nd. I flip flopped the days and have been doing lots of Get Ups on day 1 and VO2 max on Day 2. It seems to wear me down a little faster. I know I have been doing upwards of 25 minutes of Get Ups. That is way to many Get Ups. I start out without weight and move to kettlebells without a break.

I went out tonight to practice VO2 Max and after 10 sets, I could not get into the rhythm. I decided to cut it short this week and just recover and start next week with a more intelligent plan of action. I am putting VO2 Max on Day 1 and a lot fewer Get Ups. I really love Get Ups, but will be using more weight and probably hitting 3-5 reps a set.

This is a case of rather be lucky then good. Capoeira actually worked!

EMBED-Insane Capoeira Knockout - Watch more free videos

No comments: