Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back to Basics 2

I have been back at Enter the Kettlebell for the second week. I actually can tell a difference already. It might be from the change in programs or it could be that the basics work. Even though I am an RKC, I can stand to work at the skills and techniques that I teach. There is nothing like crappy instructor form to ruin a good class and get someone hurt.

I really like having a Flip camera to evaluate my technique. I have the swings and squats down pretty well. It is almost machine like when I am working them. My get ups and presses are crap, plain and simple. I continue to have issues with shoulder tightness and a lack of flexibility. I have made some improvements, but there are still a few issues. It gives me something to work on for the next year till I attend the CK-FMS. I have made quite a large improvement in my Get Up form since the last workout. I was not holding the KB vertical and was able to see this on video. I also had my elbow bent. This workout was recorded and my shoulders were down, the KB was much closer to vertical until I went into the hip heist position. I think that after a few more videotaped workouts it should be a much better exercise.

I finished off the evening with RKC Armbars to work a little harder on shoulder mobility. I think that coupled with Joint Mobility drills will go far in fixing my lack of shoulder mobility. I have also picked up Secrets of the Shoulder and will implement a lot of that into my practice.

3 comments:

Marissa B. said...

kalos stenos, lots and lots of kalos stenos

Marissa B. said...

that's what Mom said!

Britt's Training Systems said...

tell her that I have been doing kalos thenos!!