Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Maybe not


I am all about great training. This is not something that I really see a need to train for. A lot of women's programs have used the groin kick as the end all be all for self defense. the truth is that they are not the best thing to do. Do they work? Occassionally. I have been in a fight where I actually kicked the attacker off the ground. What did he do? He settled down and kept on coming. I have also taken a few shots in the groin as I entered a vehicle to prevent a mentally disturbed person from exiting with a tire iron. Did the fight stop because of the kicks? Nope. In a real fight, you keep on moving, deal with the pain afterwards. In a real fight, a groin shot is the nitrous oxide dump button. It increases your rage and power. Most guys are taught that a shot to the groin will kill them. Suck it up and drive on until the fight is over. The ice bag is at your house, survive the fight to enjoy the relief with a cold one there.

No comments: