Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Not a lot to say today

Had a pretty good workout today. I backed off to three sets today and added an exercise and added weight to one also. I really like to try and minimize my training time and maximizing my strength. I have started to train with the 88's exclusively for now. The only issue that I am having is that I still hover around 170 and I would have more success if I hit 180 again. It is great to be able to do double military presses with the 88's for at least 1 rep, but I would like to hit it for more than that. Part of the weight gain problem is my business. it is hard to gain any weight when I am runnning all day everyday with kids. The great thing is that in the long run, it will keep me healthier. I have a lot of fun teaching kids and have no regrets about leaving Law Enforcement or staying lean.

WOD
2 hand swings 2 x 10 w/88
1 hand swings 3 x 10 l&R w/88
Rows 3 x 5
Claean and Jerk 3 x 3 l&R w/88
Getups 3 mins with 100lb bag.

The getups were a burner. I was worried that I was going to lose a lung. Great workout. Will stay at 3 sets this week and go to 4 next week.

No comments: