Friday, March 20, 2009

Awesome Knives


I was at a knife store yesterday, Cutlery Collection, at Willow Bend in Plano. They have a really nice collection of knives of all types. I was lucky enough to meet Brad Duncan at the store. Brad makes some awesome knives and has been featured in American Handgunner and Tactical Knives. I read the original article in Tactical Knives and always kept an eye out for Duncan Knives at gun shows and knife stores. Cutlery Collection had a great selection and I had made two trips in to try and see them, but they were busy each time. The third trip in, I asked to see a Duncan and was told the man was there also. Brad is a great guy and his work is beautiful. His attention to detail is readily apparent. The blades roll out smoothly and lock in really tight. the handle fit your hand well, even the larger handles are well shaped. I have small hands and they still handled well.
He had several large blades and recently built some some more normal size blades as recession busters. If you are in the market for great blades, he is the man to buy from. I pretty much sent messages to all of my students and others that I have trained or train with that Duncan Knives were the tool of choice. I love my karambit, but will be carrying a Duncan in the near future. they are well built and well worth the price. Like I tell my guys, "Don't carry cheap crap you won't bet your life on."


No comments: