Saturday, March 14, 2009

It has been a busy couple of weeks. I have been working on Amazing Athletes almost exclusively. I was also sick for about 2 weeks and did not really do any training of my own. I continued to train the group and individuals and those have gone really well. The last two weeks have been spent working on VO2 Max with the groups. I really love this protocol and it is a fun program. We are taking it slow in the group and we are slowly headed towards 40 sets. In my own training, I hit 30 sets with the 24kg this week. It has been a big step up from the 16kg, not only in physical exertion, but my hands have taken a beating. It is all good now and seems to have built up enough callousing to protect them. I will not head off on my chalk tangent, but I do not use it and that helps a lot.

Now that we know how to get the videos online, we will be adding some more soon. The last week or so we have worked on chair techniques. I think that we will put some of those up on the blog. It is a good idea to look at self-defense from every position you might be in if you are assaulted.

Here is a great DVD from Scientific Wrestling. They are the best source for Catch Wrestling and painful submissions! Jake Shannon is an incredible source of info. I recommend that everybody that likes grappling sign up for Scientific Wrestling. I have this DVD and it is a great training tool.

No comments: