Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gym Movement

I am always amazed by what happens on Forums across the internet. I am down to posting on only a few as it takes a lot of time away from important things, kids, family, and training. On Dragon Door recently a big stink was created because a well known trainer chose to “Forsake” kettlebells and Pavel. That is not really what happened, but someone took it and ran with it. Next thing you know, TMZ will be on his doorstep! It was such a blasphemy that there were over 92 responses and 5400 views on the thread. It has to be a record for Dragon Door. People have to realize that training is never stagnant. There is always a way to improve what you are doing. That includes looking at the past for answers. If it offends you that people do not follow a single principle from birth to grave, welcome to America. It is what sets us apart.


If you look at the blogs that I follow, you will see Adam T. Glass’ blog. I have never trained with him, but have followed him as he has become freaking strong! Adam and I have talked in the past and he knows what he is doing. He has lately talked about Gym Movement being an incredible training paradigm. It was created by Frankie Faires over the last several years. I have never met Frankie, even though he lives in the Dallas area. He was an early RKC, Z-Health person that I wanted to meet a few years ago. It did not happen. It is funny how things circle around however.

Adam has pretty much stated that Gym Movement is well worth looking at as a training tool. That is enough for me to at least look at it. When I gave him advice a few years ago, he took it and followed through. I owe him that much. Adam is one of the few people that I look forward to meeting at one of the gatherings in the near future. He is a squared away, top notch trainer. He will tell you like it is and not mince words. We have that in common.

I ordered Gym Movement last night and hope to get it in the next couple of days. I will post my thoughts on it in the near future. If it is everything Adam says it is, I should be hitting the Beast Challenge pretty soon. So close, but so far still.

We have Shen Chuan tonight. I have been asked by Joe R Lansdale to put our stuff on tape. That will be the plan tonight. We want to get the first set or two recorded. It will allow us to post more circus monkey beatings on the blog!

I am also training a few people online and have to tape some stuff for them also. I will occasionally post a nameless update on their progress as we get it into full swing. (Pun intended)

http://www.warriordash.com/info.php I just came across this on Dragon Door. I already registered. It will change my training a little bit...

3 comments:

Boris T said...

Very well put, that tread amazed me in it's silliness. There are many paths to the same desitnation, I never understood why people feel the need to force everyone down the same one.

Also the amount of protectionism towards Pavel is verging on obsessive with some of the folks on DD.

Britt's Training Systems said...

The amount of closed mindness can be suprising. Without people looking for different answers there is no progress.

I don't understand the protectionism. It is almost cult like. But even he searches out other methods.

Boris T said...

I don't get the protectionism either, some people do take the comrade thing to cult level. It's almost scary what some would do for the 'party'