Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Newest and Bestest

There is always something new out there to hopefully improve our training.. I recently purchased Gym Movements based on some good recommendations. I received it today. Unfortunately, I am unable to recommend it to anyone at this time. The info and DVD did not live up to the hype. To Frankie’s credit, they are refunding the purchase price and our working on a retooling. I hope that it is a much better product. As it stands now it is not the newest and bestest product out there.

I have been trying to decide how best to train for the Warrior Dash in May. It should be pretty self evident on the training program, except I HATE running. It is my least favorite thing to do. I thought about Viking Warrior Conditioning, but decided that it was not exactly what I needed right now. I have ran the Cooper test in the past with no running, but this is a 3.5 mile course. I could do it, but would be pretty screwed up afterwards. I also wanted to be under a heavier load and increase my strength again. I can Press the 88’s still, but would love to be where I was at 2 years ago with multiple sets and reps with them. So… It is back to Rite of Passage with heavier weights. I also have to work on my snatch technique, but chose to go with swings tonight. I rolled a 7 minute swing fest tonight! I have bought some running shoes, Yuck, and will start some running next week. I hate entering anything if I do not plan on doing well. That means that I have to bite the bullet and start running. I keep telling myself it will not be an extended program.

I am working on some more things for the future. I am most likely going to become a kettlebell distributor for the area east of Dallas in the near future. I am also working on holding more seminars for both Combatives and Kettlebells. I am also setting up some Law Enforcement training. If you are interested in a seminar, please contact me.

No comments: