Thursday, November 4, 2010

CK-FMS

I recently attended CK-FMS in St. Paul. It was an incredible class with amazing instructors. I think the importance of a class can often be determined by those that attend. The skill and knowledge and accomplishments of the students was absolutely mind boggling. Dan John, Yoana Snideman, Lauren Brooks, Geoff Neupert, Robert Budd, Steve Friedes, Dustin Rippetoe and many many more. This is a group of people that have paid the RKC dues and are Sr. RKC's, Team Leaders and world famous coaches. I was honored to be there and work with such a high caliber of Coach.

Brett Jones and Gray Cook were absolutely two of the best instructors that I have had the opportunity to learn from. The depth of knowledge of each individual is incredible. Together they are an encyclopedia of movement and how to make it better. They were able to teach the information in such a way that even the slow kids, me< were able to follow and use the information that they freely gave. They went above and beyond  what was listed as points in the paperwork and taught much more then the advertisement stated.

CK-FMS is a workshop that you must attend if you are an RKC. I feel that I did my clients wrong by not having this tool in my belt. It is a life changing skill set. In five minutes of correctives, I was able to start on the  right path to shoulder mobility. My shoulder mobility was horrendous prior to attending the workshop. i was not sure how bad it was. That is the beauty of the FMS Screen it allows you to put  a rate and ranking on the individual patterns. I was a "1" on shoulder mobility on the first day. On day 2, we started on level 1 corrections that are simple. I  regained four inches of shoulder mobility in five minutes and moved to a 2 on the scale. My shoulder mobility was so awful that at an RKC Recert, I was in danger of not passing due to the military press. I was unable to fully extend and lock out at the top. Geoff Neupert was my tester at that RKC. When I was performing my military press at this workshop, Geoff came over and watched m as. I nailed the press. Geoff told me that he was impressed by how clean and precise my military press was and how hard I have worked at correcting it. A day earlier and it would have sucked! If five minutes can make a difference for me, think what it could do for others.

I am currently running all of my clients through screens. I have time slots available if anyone else wants a screen. just contact me through the blog or http://www.brittstrainingsystems.com/ It can make a difference in your training that you would not believe.

No comments: