Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tough Mudder Austin

I signed up to run the Tough Mudder in January! I am pretty excited about this challenge. It will be 9 miles of fun.I am also trying to raise money for The Wounded Warrior Project. I feel that we need to do what we can to help those that have been injured serving our Country. http://www.active.com/donate/ToughMudderTexas2011/britts

I have 62 days to prepare for for the Tough Mudder. I hate to run, so that is not really a large part of my preparations. I am working on Swings(doubles) and Get Ups as my main training tools. I am working towards 45 minutes of swings. I figure that will be really conducive to the strength endurance required to do well. I am also working towards 45 minutes of Get Ups. I am using fairly heavy weights to accomplish  the mission.Last Night was a 15 minute session of double 32's along with pistols and pullups. Today will be a 20 minute get up session coupled with Farmers walks. I am also working corrections for the Active Straight Leg Raise and Shoulder Mobility issues I am dealing with. The corrections are working really well.

I am going to post my training for the event on the blog fairly regular as well as what I need to hit next week. Pushing my times up by 5 minutes is in the works for next week.

No comments: