Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a favorite Holiday at my house. It is always great to have family and friends over for the gorging that occurs. there is something fun about stuffing your face and dropping into a food coma with people you are close with. What a great bonding experience, Family, Food, Football and Fun! Enjoy the day. Make it your 20% time if you follow the Primal/Paleo eating style. I am not going totally overboard, but I am going to enjoy myself. I like to follow the 80/20 rule. I think that the 20% allows me to not feel guilty or bad about myself. The guilty or bad feelings about how and what we eat are a part of what occurs in eating disorders. I want to be healthy and live a long time. I do not want to be always in a panic because of how I am eating, what I am eating or if it is right or wrong. We have to eat, it should be enjoyable, it should be in moderation and it should bring families together. So eat, drink and enjoy life... but come visit me Friday for a Turkey Burn!

Having said all of that, I will be avoiding the grains for Thanksgiving. I have found that I do much better without them in my diet. I had some pizza, and I actually developed skin irritations the next morning. So for me the bread/grain products are not a guilt, they actually affected me as an allergen. So goodbye to grain, unless it is a Birthday.

What am I going to eat for Thanksgiving, lots of awesome stuff. Meat, veggies, nuts, salads and even a little pecan pie. I will avoid the pie crust, but I am a Texan and Pecan Pie should be the National Pie of Texas!(Texas being it's own country after all)

Have a great Thanksgiving and remember what we are celebrating and Who we are thanking!

Quick Note - Please give back to those that have helped secure our freedom to celebrate. I am collecting donations for The Wounded Warrior Project as part of the Tough Mudder Texas. I did not want to embed the link so that you know it is legitimate.  http://www.active.com/donate/ToughMudderTexas2011/britts

No comments: