Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hitting 40

I had my 40th Birthday on Friday. It was definitely a time of reflection for me. The years have seemed to just fly by in a blur. I remember playing sports as a young kid and thinking how good we were. I think back to Jr. High in Saudi Arabia and wonder how I ever made it through those times without my parents killing me. I recently went to a High school reunion and it was like there was no time lag as I met up with people that I had not talked to in 21 years. My good friend Sam and I started up our conversation pretty much where it stopped at graduation.

I think the last year has probably been the craziest of all. I gave up my Law Enforcement Career to be a full time business owner. I know teach kids sports through Daycares in an Amazing Athletes Franchise. I get to pretty much train kids all day. It is great to be able to make a positive impact at an early age. My wife has supported me in this endeavor allowing me to reach for a new goal, a new career, heck a new life. I now get to spend more time with the family, something that Law Enforcement made hard. I am home every night, weekend and holiday. I am so happy to have this opportunity.

I also have more time to train in kettlebells, martial arts and other fun things. I think that 40 is a good time and I do not feel old. I feel like I did in my 20's. I feel strong and healthy. I am still out seeking knowledge and trying to improve. I hope 50 is as easy as a transition as 40 was.

No comments: