Friday, November 16, 2007

Karambit




I really like Karambit knives. I picked one up to play with it a few years ago and it felt very natural in my hand. I find that it works really well with Shen Chuan. I have found that it just fits with my personality. I really love Emerson Knives karambit's with the Wave feature. I love the it open as it is pulled feature that makes it faster than an automatic. It is definitely better than carrying an automatic. The problem I have with automatics is the possible question you will get if you ever have to use it to defend yourself. I have this concern for Law Enforcement also. Let a Defense Attorney get a hold of a Cop using a "switchblade" and it will be a write the check for it moment.


Back to Karambits, I received an Emerson Super Karambit today. What an awesome tool. It is about an inch longer in the blade and has a meatier handle. It is a big knife, but is well balanced. I am thrilled with it. I bought it here. Some big name people, Hock Hochheim for one, that do not like them. Hock has a lot of disdain for them. I think that is because it does not fit in with his program as well. Hock has a great program for edged weapons. I have studied with him as recently as two years ago. I think that there are different flavors for everyone, this blade is mine.