Thursday, December 6, 2007

It takes one person to make a stand

It only takes one person to make a stand and make a difference. Here is a child that is standing up to a dictorial authority without fear. What a great example of living without fear of failure. From what I know this occurred in Myanmar, a country that is beat down by an oppressive government. How great is it that this child stands up against wrongs to others? I worry that we are losing the desire to do the right thing in this country. It seems that we often take the path of, "what is in it for me?" We do not look at how our actions help or hurt others. The Politically Correct way of life has taken over in this country. I am concerned that we expect others to suffer, while we dine. It almost sounds like the last days of the Roman Empire.

I am only advocating that we stand up for what we believe in, right and wrong. Take a stand for something or you die for nothing. That does not mean that you have to fight tyranny in far off lands or stand up to someone that has slighted you. I am saying stand up for those around you. Live your life in a way that others are helped by your actions and lead by your example. Help people that are suffering and in need even if it is inconvenient to do so.

I try to live by example and will fight for the rights of others. I try to treat people better than I hope to be treated. Make a stand, live life for others. It will come back to you ten fold. It might keep a child from having to stand up to tyranny.

Paul

No comments: